If your Tahoe home isn’t selling…
If you have your Tahoe home
for sale and nothing good is happening, the first thing you need to consider is when and where
the process is breaking down.
- Is it not being shown at all?
- Is it being shown but you’re getting no offers?
- Are you getting offers, but they’re far below your asking price?
- If your house isn’t being shown, it’s an indication that your price is either far higher than that of comparable homes in your neighborhood, or that your agent isn’t marketing it well enough. Or – you’ve restricted showing times, making it inconvenient
for agents to bring buyer
If it’s being shown but you’re not getting offers, it could again be the price. It’s not comparing well to similarly priced homes. Or… the photos and descriptions on line are leading buyers to think they’ll find something different than they see when
- Did you stage for photos and not maintain “the look?”
- Is your home not quite in the condition portrayed in marketing materials?
- It could also be that you’re staying home during showings, making buyers uncomfortable, so they leave before they have a chance to fall in love.
If offers are coming, but they’re far below your asking price, it means that it has appeal. People want it, but the price is probably too high. You need to ask your agent to prepare a new market analysis and show you photos, information and recent
selling prices of homes similar to yours – in similar neighborhoods.
If you’re thinking of selling your Tahoe home
and want it to happen quickly, call me at 530-545-3458
I’ll prepare an accurate market analysis and give you an honest opinion about things you might need to do in order to make your home stand out from its competition.